Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20676 Discussions

FPS drops on Counter-Strike 1.6 (Intel HD 3000, Windows 8)

ACust1
Beginner

Hey, when playing Counter-Strike 1.6, I sometime get FPS drops from 100 down to 40 or so. It happens when:

1. There's a SG (smoke granade) on the ground;

2. There are a few enemies in front of me;

3. I'm looking somewhere far away;

In other cases, most of the time, I have 100FPS. I don't think these FPS drops are normal, because I was playing games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 without any problems. My s, laptoppecs:

CPU: Intel-2330M;

GPU: Intel HD 3000;

RAM: 4GB;

SSD: Crucial M4;

In-game graphics engine: OpenGL;

Driver version: 15.28.18.3223 (latest);

If you need any other information, just tell me. I hope I'll see the solution for this bug.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Arnas,

Checking all information you provided seems that the configuration, specs & software in your system should meet the requirements for the game. Since you have the latest graphics from our side, I recommend you reinstalling the driver again from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23102&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

The driver above is a generic driver. In the case that after reinstalling the driver issue persists, I recommend you contacting the computer manufacture and installing the driver they provide for your unit.

0 Kudos
ACust1
Beginner

I tried both, this triver and the one that my computer' manufacturer provides. In both cases I still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Arnas,

At this point, Since you have installed the drivers from our side and the computer manufacturer, I recommend you checking with the game developer for any patch for the game.

0 Kudos
ACust1
Beginner

This game is like 15 years old, how do you think there will be any official patches? And anyways, my game is up-to-date, if there were any patches, they should be included in the game, so I don't think that's a solution. The solution would be to fix the drivers for the intel, but I bet you guys are too lazy to do that.

0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

No one will help you, everyone who have a Intel HD 3000 (including me) have the same issue.

You are not able to disable v-sync through the graphics properties, this could be the solution to it.

0 Kudos
ACust1
Beginner

Yes, you are able to do that, otherwise you wouldn't have 100fps.

0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

Try to put -nofbo on cs1.6 launch options and tell me if it worked to you.

It change 1.6 rendering settings and Intel hd 3000 works with that setting.

I read this here: /thread/33975 https://communities.intel.com/thread/33975

0 Kudos
ACust1
Beginner

I was already using that setting, even before creating this thread.

0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

yeah, i tried everything

seems like the only solution is to buy Nvidia or ATI

0 Kudos