Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphic 3000

idata
Employee

Hello, i bought a new Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 with i3-2367, 8 GB ram and 2xSSD disk and Intel 3000 Graphic Card.

And i have a big problem running game Counter Strike 1.6 on Intel 3000.

All the time i have LOW FPS avarange ~30 when playing. It's very big problem, when i buing Laptop i was check that this card support CS 1.6 and yes it is, but FPS at ~30 is like a joke.

I was tested other Divers, Direct X update, and every time the same problem.

I change graphic options in intel driver panel and try to do other stuff.

Counter Strike GO is running with ~50 FPS !!

System is Windows 7 x64 premium.

Tested with OpenGL, D3D, Software ( on software is about ~45 FPS ) but this graphic mod is unplayable.

I play was playing this game on much worst's laptop with old graphic cards and have 72 FPS.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

Counter-Strike 1.6 appears in our Game Playability list so; it is compatible and playable on Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000. This is our Game playability list http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-032052.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-032052.htm

I am not sure if you have tested the generic graphics driver we have available in our website. This is the link in case you want to give it a try http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22375&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

I recommend updating the BIOS of the laptop as well. You can use the following link to find the latest BIOS http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dont lie Fred, there is no solution, this problem has many years, and Intel does not care.

idata
Employee

I will try everything that Fred wrote.

Driver that he post i have arledy installed now and tested, and probles are on this driver. I will check that is there any BIOS updates.

The second problem is that Intel HD 3k lagging screen when i connected to my external monitor with FullHD ( by HDMI ).

I think this is extreme lame, laptop cost for 999 $.

If there will be no solution, then we need to make a site like dontbuyintel with information about those graphic cards 😉

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have arledy last BIOS on my Laptop that is avilable.

I have lastest drivers from intel, and from link that you post me.

And problem is not resolved.

0 Kudos
MLaur6
Beginner

I had same problem before what you have now and my laptop is even worse than yours.

And after little updates i got huge performance boosts.

You said that you tested other drivers, but did you remember to delete old driver completely and it's settings files from disk and register before installing another driver?

My help guide to people who have performance problems with HD 3000:

Most people have problems with games performance with Intel HD 3000, because they use manufacture drivers and those drivers are almost always years old and not modified by manufacture for performance. Second reason is that most people don't know how to configure laptop to use maximum performance for games and for HD 3000.

IMPORTANT: Before following later instruction remember this: If you install another drivers than manufacture drivers you do it at your own risk, it may cause damage to your computer (i never heard that have happened to anyone with Intel HD 3000 drivers, but i read this warning from intel site, so you do it at your own risk) and it most likely remove seller's guarantee, if your computer got any other problems later, if they found out that you have installed another than manufacture drivers.

Just download latest Intel HD 3000 _GENERIC DRIVER_ from intel site, instead of latest manufacture drivers. Just download HD 3000 driver install packet, don't try use "automatic intel driver updater", because it will say that generic driver cannot be installed, because of manufacture drivers are installed.

Then configure your laptop to use maximum performance all the time from Windows power settings control panel. Its called there "best performance".

After that configure your HD 3000 user maximum performance: press CTRL+ALT+F12 and go to "power" and set power choose mode to "plugged in" and choose "maximum performance".

Then go to 3D tab. Disable custom settings and set 3D performance to "performance".

I got :

Intel it-2430M 2.4 GHz (with turbo boost up to 3.0GHz)

Intel HD 3000 (up to 1760 MB Dynamic Video Memory)

6 GB DDR Memeory

Windows 7 x64 premium

With this laptop i get stable 100 fps in CS 1.6 (you have to remember put -nofbo to CS 1.6 launch options.

It change 1.6 rendering settings and Intel hd 3000 works with that setting.

In CS:GO my fps is between 150-250 usually (lowest settings)

In GTA 4 (lowest settings) i got 50-60 fps.

For GTA 4, go to GTA4 home folder, create commandline.txt file and add follow lines to it:

-availablevidmem 13.0

-percentvidmem 100

-nomemrestrict

-norestriction

-novblank

-norestriction

It allows GTA4 use better Intel HD 3000 performance.

0 Kudos