Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 2000 Dual Monitor Setup. Please Help!!!

amart47
Beginner

Hi,

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton with an internal Intel HD Graphics 2000 card. See below the specs for the computer. Its Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1. I purchased 2 monitors to link to the back of the computer. Both are VGA monitors. The Intel 2000 graphics card however only has 1 VGA and 1 DVD-D. So I purchased a DVD-D Male to VGA Female adapter and linked it to the graphics card to connect the second monitor. Unfortunately the graphics card is not picking up the second monitor. Its doesn't recognize it all!!! In the Intel Intel® GMCP, I only have the option to select "Single Display".

I updated the driver and it still doesn't work (Current dirver :9.17.10.2932). I searched the forum and found someone with exactly the same problem but with no solution to the situation (/thread/32797 http://communities.intel.com/thread/32797). This is a brand new computer, I haven't installed a single thing yet on the desktop or made any changes that could be causing this problem.

All the cables and adapters are linked properly and work. Yes the monitors are connected and powered on. Only one of the monitors work (the VGA works). The monitor linked to the DVI-D (which I have linked an adapter to) port isn't being picked up by the computer. As a test, when I unplug the monitor from the VGA port to the DVI-D port, it stops displaying. So there is something going on with that port that is not allowing it pick up a single. I know its not a hardware issue, it has to be a setting I need to change for the DVD-D port to be picked up with the second monitor.

Please I appreciate all you help. Thank you!!

Brand: Acer

Series: Veriton X

Model: VX4618G-Ui72601W (PS.VCYP3.006)

Type: Business Desktops & Workstations:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz

Processor Main Features: 64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor: 8MB L3 Cache

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA 300 7200RPM

Optical Drive 1: DVD-RAM/±R/±RW

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 2000

Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet

Power Supply: 220W

Operating System:Windows 7 Professional 32 bit / 64 bit Dual-hotload OS

GPU/VPU Type: Intel HD Graphics

Graphics Interface: Integrated video

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

As you may know DVI-D is a digital interface while VGA its an analog. So converting from digital to analog may require more than just an adapter. This would actually require an active converter (which usually requires external power).

Still, the usage of adapters may or may not work, this is a try and see which must of the times depends on the quality (and price) of the adapter being used.

0 Kudos
osols
Beginner

Hi abe,

these steps will help you.

1. Plug in VGA and HDMI projector/TV
  2. Install latest Intel onboard Video driver (ie.

Graphic 2000)
  3. Don't shutdown as it asks you
  4. Select Clone screen to output both Monitor and

projector/TV before Reboot
  5. After reboot, the Clone output mode will be lost
  6. Download DEVCON tools from microsoft for command

prompt Device disable/enable
  7. C:\..\devcon disable =Display
  8. C:\..\devcon enable =Display
  9. To automate this, write a batch file of 7 and 8,

put it in windows startup and every time you reboot you will still have this

Dual screen output.
0 Kudos