5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 11:51 AM by dunex_1

DS3 LED blinking

dunex_1

I powered my Intel Edison with an external power supply of 12.7V through the adapter. After sometime I powered it down and powered it back up. Since then the DS3 LED has been blinking continuously without stopping and I could not connect to the Edison serial as well. What could be the problem?

• 1. Re: DS3 LED blinking
          CMata_Intel

Hi dunex_1

I would like to know more information about the behavior you have with your board.

What did you the last time that the board was working fine? I would like to know if you have tried flashing the board with the flashall script.

Which image were you using?

Which OS are you using?

Are you able to see the ports of the board on the Device Manager or in /dev?

Regards,

Charlie

• 2. Re: DS3 LED blinking
            dunex_1

Hi CMata_Intel,

The last time the board was working I was using it to control a motor driver. I had power it with 5V from the mini-USB. Then I decided to power it from a 12.7V voltage regulator so as to run it headless from J1. I am using the latest Edison image. I tried to re-power it with 5V from the mini-USB, but the DS3 led keep blinking too fast. I can't also see the Edison drive on my laptop when I connect it serially in order to flash the board, so I can't flash it without been able to connect to it serial from my laptop. I am using the yocto Linux OS. I wasn't able to do anything in the board, even to login to root.

Thanks,

Chinedu

• 3. Re: DS3 LED blinking
              CMata_Intel

Hi Chinedu,

Did you notice a problem with the power supply you were using at the moment the issue started? Have you checked that the power supply is indeed providing the voltage and current labeled?

Could you post the screenshots of what you get after running the Flash Tool Lite and flashall script? (I know you can’t see the device in the PC, but these methods can recover the functionality of the board even when the device is not visible on the PC)

Also, where did you bought the board/kit? I suggest you to check the Return and Replacement Policy of the store because this is the first step before asking for a replacement (In case this would be needed). The stores, most of the times offers a warranty coverage so you need to check that first. Please let us know about this.

Regards,

Charlie

• 4. Re: DS3 LED blinking
                CMata_Intel

Hi Chinedu,

I would like to know if you have been able to work again with your board or if you have found another solution. If you still have problems, please post the screenshots requested.

Regards,

Charlie

• 5. Re: DS3 LED blinking
                  dunex_1

Hi CMata_Intel,

I was out of town that's why I have not replied. I will send the screen shots as soon as I get the board from my teammate who has at the moment. Hopefully will get back to you later today or tomorrow morning