4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 2:17 PM by aleki_intel

Compatible Bluetooth and WiFi software for 2230, Windows 8.1, 64 bit

rfajman

I am confused by this article: Bluetooth® Software Compatibility with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Article ID: 000005814 Last Reviewed: 03-Mar-2016.  It lists compatible Bluetooth and WiFi software versions.  I am interested in Bluetooth and WiFi software for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230, Single Band on Windows 8.1, 64 bit.  My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15R (7520) laptop.  The WiFi drivers listed don't show up when I search the available downloads.  All the ones in the downloads are variants of version 18, while the ones in the compatibility list are 15, 16, and 17, even though the compatibility list was reviewed less than two weeks ago.  Also, in the Bluetooth software available for download, 3.1.1311 is listed as the latest, even though it has the oldest date (4/10/2014 in the download list, 12/3/2013 on its web page).  There are many other seeming inconsistencies in dates.  Also, what does (WP) refer to?  It's not in the lists of country codes that I looked at.  I am assuming that JP means Japan.

The reason that I am looking at this is that my Logitech Bluetooth mouse won't pair any more, since I updated drivers.  Going back to earlier versions doesn't help.  The mouse is OK.  I installed new batteries and it will pair with a different computer.