Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Compatible Bluetooth and WiFi software for 2230, Windows 8.1, 64 bit

RFajm
Beginner

I am confused by this article: Bluetooth® Software Compatibility with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Article ID: 000005814 Last Reviewed: 03-Mar-2016. It lists compatible Bluetooth and WiFi software versions. I am interested in Bluetooth and WiFi software for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230, Single Band on Windows 8.1, 64 bit. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15R (7520) laptop. The WiFi drivers listed don't show up when I search the available downloads. All the ones in the downloads are variants of version 18, while the ones in the compatibility list are 15, 16, and 17, even though the compatibility list was reviewed less than two weeks ago. Also, in the Bluetooth software available for download, 3.1.1311 is listed as the latest, even though it has the oldest date (4/10/2014 in the download list, 12/3/2013 on its web page). There are many other seeming inconsistencies in dates. Also, what does (WP) refer to? It's not in the lists of country codes that I looked at. I am assuming that JP means Japan.

The reason that I am looking at this is that my Logitech Bluetooth mouse won't pair any more, since I updated drivers. Going back to earlier versions doesn't help. The mouse is OK. I installed new batteries and it will pair with a different computer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

rfajman,

Is this wireless adapter the one installed by factory? If so, please let us know where you got the drivers from? In cases that the adapter is an OEM's, our first recommendation is to obtain the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer even though their version may differ from the ones found in our download center. One important thing to consider is that the drivers found in our download center are generic and may not meet all the requirements requested by the OEM's system

JP does not mean Japan. the two letters you see are internal identification that indicates which Intel® PROSet Wireless Software is good for the adapter.

Please, clean uninstall the current drivers and then install the one provided by the OEM and let us know the results.

0 Kudos
RFajm
Beginner

The machine is a Dell Inspiron 15R (7520) and it came with the 2230 card installed. I'll try the Dell versions again, although it's been a while since I used them. I was never sure until I saw the compatibility list that the Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth packages should be installed together. That's a very good thing to know.

So what do JP and WP mean exactly?

0 Kudos
RFajm
Beginner

I tried the Dell drivers, but that didn't help. I have another mouse of the same model. It pairs with no problem, using the latest Intel drivers. The problem mouse pairs with another PC with no trouble. So things are working OK, but I really don't know what causes the problem with the first mouse.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

rfajman,

Thanks for the time taken in letting us know that the issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos