3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 10:24 AM by allan_intel

rst status says cach-mode: off ??

Andi123

Hi, after updating to windows 10 i reconfigured the ssd caching with the intel rst interface IAStoreUI.exe. In the performance tab it tells me caching is configured, but in the status tab, if i click on extended it says cach-mode: off. Does that mean the caching doesnt work, or only write caching doesnt work? I think it shoul read write-throug or write-back. thanks, Andi

• 1. Re: rst status says cach-mode: off ??
          allan_intel

What is the Intel® Rapid Storage version?

What is the computer model or chipset type?

At this stage, you probably need to reconfigure SSD cache.

Allan.

• 2. Re: rst status says cach-mode: off ??
            Andi123

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
            Its RST 14.8.0.1042  , i just downloaded it

Computer is Toshiba Sattelite U940, i dont know how to find out about the chipset. neiter BIOS nor  Hardwar manager gave any information.

What do u mean by reconfigure SSD? What do I have to do and how?

Befoor reconfiguring everything i would like to know the meaning of the entry.
            Like I said the GUI sais the caching work just fine. Just when i look under adminitser - extended it sais Cach Mode: off.  All i foud in the help is that it coud be write throug or write back, therefore i guess that it concerns only writing and nor the reading, and schince i prefere write throug anyway (i.e. no caching) that would be fine with me.
            The problem is that the message Cach mode off could meane something else entirely and i would realy like to know what exactly they Intel means with this ambiguous entry.

Thanks again

P.S. I am translating from a german gui so the correct english names could be differrent.

• 3. Re: rst status says cach-mode: off ??
              allan_intel

Reconfigure means recreated SSD cache. Start over.

Please take a look at the link below for information about how to recreate SSD cache

Intel® Smart Response Technology User Guide

Allan.