Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse issue with DG33FB MB?

idata
Employee

We have employed over 40 systems using the DG33FB MB and have been experiencing an issue that when power to the computer is cycled the keyboard and mouse stop working as soon as you try to log-in. I have not been able to find any threads pertaining to this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi Lawson,

First of all, for Motherboard related questions, kindly post your questions in our /community/tech/desktop Motherboards' community.

Now for a quick answer to your question, I would need to ask you if you are using the USB keyboards & mice. And do the two devices mentioned stop working even at Pre-Boot? If yes, you might want to ensure that if you are connecting them to front-panel USB header, the front-panel USB cables on board are connected & if at the back, you might want to look into the support page for the motherboard here.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023466.htm DG33FB - Troubleshooting PC Accessories Issues

You can post your queries further in case of any discrepancy in our Motherboard community as mentioned above.

Thank you for using Intel, have a great day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We are using USB keyboards and mice connected to the PS/2 connectors via adapters on the back of the computer. I have tried a PS/2 keyboard with the same results. The keyboard and mouse "lock-up" as soon as you press any key on the keyboard.

0 Kudos