5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 10:03 AM by EstebanC_Intel

Mouse lag Intel HD 1000 with external monitor Windows 10

karnas

Hi, I have problem with mouse lag when connected monitor in extended mode to my notebook. I know that in newer HD error was fixed after driver update, but HD1000 haven't any new drivers since 2012. I tried to turn off mouse delay in Windows 10 Settings, nothing changed. The only workaround for this error is to change cursor theme to black. (tried install non default cursors theme, but they're lagging too). Black cursors are ugly and I don't want it. What can I do to fix default white cursor theme or non default cursors theme.

• 1. Re: Mouse lag Intel HD 1000 with external monitor Windows 10
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, karnas:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to gather some information about this scenario and your device.

-CPU:

-Motherboard Model/Brand and model of the device:

-Graphics driver version:

-Is this happening when you start certain program(s)?

-May I have the steps to replicate the Issue?

-Do you have all Windows 10* updates installed already?

-Have you tested the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your device?

I look forward to your reply on this.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 2. Re: Mouse lag Intel HD 1000 with external monitor Windows 10
            karnas

I have Windows 10 X64 Enterprise TH2 10586.164, CPU: Intel Core i5 M520 2,4GHz, 4GB DDR3, Crucial M500 SSD 240GB, Lenovo T410, Driver Version built-in Win10: 8.15.10.2900 from year 2012. I have lag when move cursor over and out of the text (when cursor changes from arrow to beam and reverse) . I know that the workaround for this is to change mouse coursor to old ugly simple black or white but i don't want to. Only black and white cursors working normally.

I have all Windows 10 updates installed, there are no drivers released by manufacturer for HD1000 on Windows 10.

Same question here:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/53903?q=mouse%20lag

• 3. Re: Mouse lag Intel HD 1000 with external monitor Windows 10
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello, karnas:

Thank you for the information provided.

I would say this is related to the OS more than the graphics driver or the components in your system.

This is because in the thread mentioned, the customer is using an Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor you are currently using Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor first generation of core i family.

For that reason, since the hardware changed and the same issue, I would say that it would be better to contact the support page for your OS.

Since there is a workaround already, they could be working on a fix for this.

Additionally, if this is a laptop, have you looked for a driver update on the touchpad? or an USB mouse.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 4. Re: Mouse lag Intel HD 1000 with external monitor Windows 10
                karnas

No, the customer in that thread got new update that fixed this bug, but my HD1000 hadn't any new updates since 2012 and bug still exists in this driver. When I use only one monitor everything is OK, but I use two monitors every day. Mouse and touchpad are bad clue.

• 5. Re: Mouse lag Intel HD 1000 with external monitor Windows 10
                  EstebanC_Intel

Hello, karnas:

Thank you for your answer.

I regret to inform you that the driver support for Windows 10* on Intel® HD Graphics on 1st gen core i processors is not available.

As of now, the way to go would be to use the default drivers from Windows 10*.

You can get them after uninstalling the current drivers from the device manager.

*Access device manager > Look for Display adapters > Right click and properties > Driver tab and hit uninstall.

After rebooting your system Windows 10* should automatically install the default drivers.

Regards,

Esteban C