7 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 4:14 AM by cjg

BSODing out of box, reinstalled Windows, now BSOD when installing 64-bit graphics drivers

j5689

When I first hooked up the Compute Stick to my HDTV, it was already failing to boot and asking me to attempt to repair Windows, which was stuck at 62%.  So I just installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit as that was what was on my bootable USB at the time.  Everything works except I cannot install the 64-bit Graphics drivers from here without getting a BSOD after the screen goes black a couple times while it's installing the driver:

Download Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® Compute Stick STK1A32SC

The graphics driver that Windows 10 automatically tries to install from Windows update also causes it to crash.  All of the other 64-bit drivers worked perfectly fine so I know that's not the issue.

The message it gives me is system_service_exception ks.sys and that was the same BSOD error both times: For when I first hooked it up to the TV and for right now whenever I try to install the graphics driver.  This leads me to believe it's a faulty graphics chip.  A BSOD out of the box is never a good sign to begin with so maybe I should just exchange it for another where I bought it from?