2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2016 7:52 AM by Andromeda

Use JTAG to debug ASM code from D2000 program memory?

Andromeda

I want to be able to debug code from the reset vector on the Quark D2000 using JTAG; is this possible?

I know there is the Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers, but I want to debug ASM and I am not sure if this is possible with the ISSM and the Eclipse interface (or, I don't know how to do it.)

Note that debugging from the reset vector is important to me for my projects.

I purchased the Quark D2000 development kit. It will arrive soon (When Mouser will have it in stock).

Thank you beforehand for any information or suggestion provided.

• 1. Re: Use JTAG to debug ASM code from D2000 program memory?
          MichelleC_Intel

Hi ,

The Eclipse IDE in the Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers will allow you to debug ASM. The 'Getting Started Guide' contained within the package contains instructions on how to Debug your application.

The ISSM version for use with D2000 can be downloaded from -  Commercial Product Request - Intel® Products

Using ISSM is optional but the package does include all external dependencies required to build and debug your applications.

• The i586-intel-elfiamcu toolchain is required to build the source code.
          • OpenOCD is required to flash applications and ROM files onto the SoC.
          • GDB -  used as a supplement to OpenOCD for debugging.

regards,

Michelle.

• 2. Re: Use JTAG to debug ASM code from D2000 program memory?
            Andromeda