4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 11:37 PM by basdijkstra

problem with VGA port HD 4400

LucasFox

I have a Lenovo z50-70 laptop with an Intel HD 4400 and an nvidia 820M.

the CPU is an i7 4510U @ 2.60GHz and 16GB of RAM, and my OS is Windows 10 Home 64bit.

I am experiencing problems when I plug in an external monitor via the VGA port on the laptop.

the monitor will constantly flicker on and off every 2-15 seconds. this does not happen when a

screen is plugged in through HDMI. I have tried with several different screens and it is always

the same, the screen will flicker off and on when connected to the VGA port.

I have tried updating both the drivers for the geforce 820M and the drivers for the intel 4400 and the problem persists

(I tried the latest version as well as the recent beta version).

I ended up downgrading the drivers to the version currently offered for the laptop on the lenovo website

http://support.lenovo.com/es/es/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-70/downloads/DS103952

but the problem remains. is there any way to fix this, or do I have to wait until this is addressed in a possible driver update?

EDIT: in case it isn't clear in the post, the monitor that flickers is the external monitor plugged in via VGA port. the laptop's display

has no problems whatsoever.

Message was edited by: Lucas Fox