Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

connection issue with hdmi and graphics card( intel hd 4600) with my samsung tv (ju6070)

FHand
Beginner

hi guys i have intel 4600 hd and i have problems to connecte it with my tv with the hdmi cable i have update all drivers but it sttil no signal on tv please help

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello fou159,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Some TVs need to select the monitor output mode to HDMI

Have you tried different HDMI cable?

Try uninstalling your driver and restart your system then reinstall the driver.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio...

You can download the driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Drivers & Software

Select drivers and the operating system you have.

Also I will appreciate if you could post the Dxdiag File:

In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click OK. A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up. In the window that has now appeared choose "Save all information" After you've saved the file, please attach it to your ticket.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ileva
Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem: picture on the Samsung TV is OK until the "intel hd graphic 4600" driver loads!

It is a DELL Optiplex9020 and the Samsung UE40JU6470 Smart TV. Different cables don't help, driver is the newest from DELL.

This connection: DELL Display Port to HDMI on Samsung TV has worked for a short time, after the all possible updates there is only a picture until the Windows logon screen (Intel driver). then there is no signal on the HDMI input. PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Please reply with the following information to better assist you.

Dxdiag information:

In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click OK. A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up. In the window that has now appeared choose "Save all information" After you've saved the file, please attach it this thread.

Also I will appreciate if you could upload the information from your system scanned with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU).

You can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ileva
Beginner

Hello Ivan and thank you for the answer and hope to solve this hard problem :-)!

The problem is connection from DELL Display Port to Samsung TV HDMI input.

Please let me explain a bit more: I have tried 3 PC's, 4 Cables and 2 TV sets:

Samsung TV (it's new: Feb.2016) works normally, also HDMI input works with different devices (DVD player...)

including Laptop with the "Intel hd 4600" Graphic, but with HDMI output.

The problem is with I5 "Intel hd 4600" when a PC has a Display Port output.

I have tried two DELL Optiplex 9020 PC's with the same "No signal" problem:

When the "Intel hd 4600" Graphic Driver loads the signal is lost. PC recognizes the Samsung TV and

there is a picture for the BIOS settings and during the boot process.

Both PC's work with the same DP cables with the older Panasonic TV !???

My home is full of cables, borrowed PC's and TV's 😞 It seams to be no hardware problem.

To which email address can I send the "dxdiag" log and the information from System Support Utility?

Best Regards

Igor

0 Kudos
ileva
Beginner

Hello Ivan

at the moment the Samsung TV has a signal! So here is the dxdiag result as long I get the picture on it (usualy it stops working after a shot time):

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

1. First I want you to try unplugging your monitor and PC power cord from the outlet and leave it unplugged for a few minutes and then plug it back on and see what happens.
  2. If I understand you have a DELL DisplayPort connected to a Samsung TV HDMI input. Have you tried using straight connection instead of using DisplayPort to HDMI? By straight connection I mean using a DisplayPort cable from the unit to a DisplayPort TV if it is possible, if you are using an adapter or converter that could be causing interference and it will not provide any image.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ileva
Beginner

Hi Ivan

1. By Power-ON, DELL PC takes DP as primary Display and there is a "Starting Windows" Picture that disappears when the "Login" screen should come.
  2. Yes it is a DELL DisplayPort connected to a Samsung TV HDMI input. I have tried many combinations and invested hours in this problem:

2.1 Two DP-HDMI Adapters with HiSpeed HDMI Cable.

2.2 Two direct DP-HDMI cables.

2.3 Two identical DELL Optiplex9020 PC's.

All with the same result: No signal, or sometimes I get the picture that disappears after any change or simply after a few minutes.

When I connect Monitor on the VGA Port, Intel Video Driver reports "Samsung" as a Display 1 and "DELL Monitor" as Display 2. Sometimes I get the picture with the "Duplicate screens" option, but no Picture at all if "Samsung Display 1" is selected. It seams to be some DP-HDMI communication issue.

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I still don't know if you have try straight connection from an HDMI on the PC to the TV, you can get interference when using adapters.

Do you have a DisplayPort output on the PC that you can connect straight to the DisplayPort TV without any adapters or converters?

Please bear in mind that using adapters can cause interference and it is possible that you will not get any video; however, this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) system, Contact your computer manufacturer to find out what configurations are supported with your specific computer or motherboard model. Intel provides general information about Intel graphics features. However, your computer manufacturer can incorporate customizations and might not support all general graphics features.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ileva
Beginner

DELL Optiplex PC has two Displayport and one VGA monitor outputs. Yes I have the straight cable connection from an DP on the PC to the HDMI on the TV. The result is the same as already mentioned.

DisplayPort output on the PC works with a DisplayPort TV (Panasonic).

Computer manufacturer (DELL) supports this HDMI configuration and the resolution used, so now we are at the beginning again 😞

DELL uses Intel driver and the recommendation is to contact Intel, as this problem requires deeper signal understanding (Intel - Samsung).

Regards, in hope to get some more technical answer

/message/390023

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Try the following:

1. Turn the monitor on before power on your computer.
  2. Is there a chance that you can use DisplayPort output on the PC connected to a DisplayPort on this TV that you have problem with or HDMI output on your PC to HDMI on your TV.

1. Most likely you will need an active adapter in order to use a DisplayPort to HDMI, so my recommendation is to connect the monitor as it mentions on the step 2.

1. In your Laptop make sure is not power saving, access the control panel and select system and security, then power options and make sure you have the recommended option as selected.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ileva
Beginner

Just to inform you that in my case the Samsung has replaced the main-board of the Smart-TV. Now the HDMI Input is less sensitive and I could test different adapters and cables:

1. DisplayPort to HDMI Adapters and all DP -> HDMI Cables work up to the HD resolution (there is no higher resolution offered in the "Screen resolution").

2. For a UHD 4K Resolution, "DisplayPort 1.2" to "HDMI 1.4" or higher is needed

(with a proper Cable the UHD resolution appears in the "Screen resolution").

Regards,

Igor

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Simpa for that information it is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos