6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 8:57 PM by rguevara

Round Trip Latency Optimization on BIOS 036 was first suggested ON then now suggested OFF what's happen??

Topix

Hi to all,

on bios 036 was suggested to leave the Round Trip Latency Optimization ON to help fix memory problems on NUC6i3SYK/H and NUC6i5SYK/H (I have in front of me the web page downloaded a week ago)...I have checked again today and now it is suggested to leave the option OFF to help fix the memory problems.

You have written on the web support page a week ago this: "There is a known issue with early versions of DDR4 memory that are used in the Intel NUC6i3SYK/H and NUC6i5SYK/H".

Now because I don't think that this "know issue" can change alone, how it is possible to suggest first to leave it on and then the opposite?

Can someone from Intel please explain in detail what this function actually does? so we can better understand apart from only try to leave it ON or OFF...

I understand that at the moment there are some problems, however, say something and then the opposite within one week (also without even specify what this function actually does) it is like saying: "to help fix the memory problems try to switch on the NUC with the NUC itself upside down..."