1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 7:42 AM by DiegoV_Intel

Can anyone tell me how to use Dynamixel servo AX-12A with a more detailed program with eclipse?

zyf

Can anyone tell me how to use Dynamixel servo AX-12A with a more detailed program with eclipse?

• 1. Re: Can anyone tell me how to use Dynamixel servo AX-12A with a more detailed program with eclipse?
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi zyf,

I did some research and it seems that this servo motor doesn't work in the same way as the regular servo motors. Usually, a servo motor can be controlled by a PWM signal; however, this is not the case.

I found this guide that explains how to use this servo motor: How to drive Dynamixel AX-12A servos (with a RaspberryPi) - All. The guide is for Raspberry Pi, however it also explains the way you should interface the servo with the UART interface.

The following site is very useful too, however it's in Spanish: Savage Electronics: Arduino y Dynamixel AX-12. I'm suggesting this guide because it has very good diagrams about how to connect the servo to an Arduino UNO. If you are using the Arduino Expansion Board for Edison, you can use those diagrams to interface the servo to the Edison expansion board.

There aren't example codes in Eclipse; however, in the guide above there is an Arduino library. I recommend you to test the servo using the Arduino IDE first. If everything works fine, I recommend you to try to port the library to Eclipse.

Regards,

Diego