2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2012 8:42 PM by Boyet

DP55WB / i5 boot problem

garyrc

I just purchased an Intel DP55WB motherboard and an i5-750 processor. I assembled all the components a few days ago and got all software loaded. Everything was working fine when suddenly it shut down. I tried to reboot the system but was unable to do so. The start pattern did not match anything I found in the documentation.  The fan would start for .25 sec and then shut off for approximately 2.5 or 3 sec, this pattern would just keep repeating itself.  I tried different power supplies, different video cards, removing the board from the case etc… and always the same sequence.  Do you have any idea what the problem might be.         

• 1. Re: DP55WB / i5 boot problem
          Henry

well actually ive got maybe also a boot problem. after adding another dvd-writer to my system the motherboard would not get past the bios screen , with a 0_ error code. i had the following sata configuration:

SATA0 = LG DVD Writer

SATA1= 2TB Seagate HDD

SATA2= Sony DVD Writer

the problem was that the motherboard was not able to process the boot order in the bios properly, and

this caused the bios screen to lockup, after reconnecting the 2tb on the sata0 port and putting the dvd writers

on port1 and port2, the motherboard was able to boot properly without problem.

this was a problem on my DP55WB board with the latest bios upgrade ( 0336 ) Motherboard ID WBIBX10J.86A.0336.2012.0626.0141

I also had 2 error codes :

EB_  Calling Legacy Option ROMs

EB_  Calling Video BIOS

After trying to solve the problem for 2 days, I manage to solve it by changing the sata configurations and ports, and also looking at the boot orders and setting everything in the bios.

I hope Intel would have a look at this problem , maybe they can release a bios patch that will resolve the issue. please email me on henry@onlinepc.co.za if you get the solution.

Regards, Henry @ OnlinePC

• 2. Re: DP55WB / i5 boot problem
            Boyet

garyrc wrote:

I just purchased an Intel DP55WB motherboard and an i5-750 processor. I assembled all the components a few days ago and got all software loaded. Everything was working fine when suddenly it shut down. I tried to reboot the system but was unable to do so. The start pattern did not match anything I found in the documentation.  The fan would start for .25 sec and then shut off for approximately 2.5 or 3 sec, this pattern would just keep repeating itself.  I tried different power supplies, different video cards, removing the board from the case etc… and always the same sequence.  Do you have any idea what the problem might be.         

You might want to take a look at this troubleshooting topic. To better understand your problem can you please provide a detail specs of your system?