1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 7:53 AM by Intel_Peter

Configure intel edison via bluetooth

KhaledSMQ

Hi,

i have a scenario in my mind to configure my Edison via bluetooth like Wifi , Device name , etc...

i have search if someone did that but unfortunately i could not find. i was thinking if that possible to do it through SPP

I appreciate if you have any idea or suggestion.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Configure intel edison via bluetooth
          Intel_Peter

Hello KhaledSMQ,

I believe achieving this might be quite challenging, I mean, I have never tried to send Linux commands over Bluetooth and actually I think that would not be the correct approach for this. I believe the best option would be to do something like AP mode setup (IoT - Getting started with Access Point (AP) Mode for the Intel® Edison board | Intel® Developer Zone) but instead of using AP mode you would have to create a PAN and connect to your Edison through. I believe if you are able to achieve this you might be able to set a setup site in Edison's PAN IP. If you are interested in this approach I suggest you to read edison-config-server.js that can be found in /usr/lib/edison_config_tools/. That's the file that configures the setup webpage, for this approach it would be great to understand how it works.

Peter.