3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 8:59 PM by IoTGuy

edison sample examples fails with ReferenceError: Map is not defined

cloud-junkie

Hi,

I am an IoT and Node newbie so apologize if it's mere ignorance.

I am trying to connect Intel edison to AWS IoT and trying to run the same app to verify the messages published by light sensor.

However I am getting the following error :

root@kedison:~/aws-iot-device-sdk-js# node edison-basic.js

/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/device/index.js:232

var activeSubscriptions = new Map();

^

ReferenceError: Map is not defined

at new DeviceClient (/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/device/index.js:232:34)

at Function.DeviceClient (/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/device/index.js:164:14)

at new ThingShadowsClient (/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/thing/index.js:123:32)

at ThingShadowsClient (/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/thing/index.js:89:14)

at update_state (/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/edison-basic.js:81:24)

at Object.<anonymous> (/home/root/aws-iot-device-sdk-js/edison-basic.js:75:1)

at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)

at Module.load (module.js:356:32)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)

I have tried both npm install as well as git clone as per - GitHub - aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-js: SDK for connecting to AWS IoT from a device using JavaScript/Node.js

I tried the suggestions as per this thread - ReferenceError: thingShadows is not defined

Have all packages and dependencies installed. Looks to me like a code issue and any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.