5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 10:44 PM by Birraque

Intel RST install and uninstall error

colocoquillo

Hi Everyone,

I'm coming on to you with a really weird and strange question, which I could not find any information about it anywhere.

I have this Asus z97-e motherboard with an i7 processor and windows 10 64bit, that i have installed freshly from zero. Then when windows started, there was in the notification area notification telling me that the RST service was not running. I could just simply go on to services.msc and enable it, but then i notice I did not have the latest version of the software, so I decided to uninstall, and install the latest version. BUT by mistake I ended up installing an older version recommended by ASUS website for my motherboard. So i said to my self.. oh... ok I will uninstall and install the one from Intel website. And here is the problem... Every time I triy to uninstall and or reinstall the he newst or even older version of Intel RST software and drivers package, it tells me that the computer is waiting for a reboot in order to be able to uninstall/install. I have rebooted my computer 75 million times, and even tried it in Windows safe mode, but it still says same thing. I can install the drivers manually my self using the Device Manager from windows, but I can not install the newer version of the Intel software.

Can someone help me on uninstalling old version and installing the new one? I guessed that just like in older Windows´s there must be a registry entry in the winreg that will take care of what needs to reboot the computer, but I don't know if that is the case and where to find it in W10. Or maybe there are simpler solutions than this.. a software that lets me uninstall programs without running windows?? I know it might be crazy but... what options do I have.

Thanks

Kind regards

• 1. Re: Intel RST install and uninstall error
          allan_intel

Were you able to install Intel® Rapid Storage version 14.8?

Drivers & Software

Through Windows® 10, you will be able to uninstall it using programs and features. I am afraid, registry information is not available at Intel.

Allan.

• 2. Re: Intel RST install and uninstall error
            colocoquillo

Hi Alan,

Dont get me wrong, but I´m not a newbiee on windows, I´m a techy medium-high level, and i do know what the uninstall programs and features is.

I would not be posting this in here if that where the case... once more no criticism to your answer .

Now, if programs and features does not work, trying to install, uninstall by any common method does not work, how can I get rid of IRST software with out an uninstall wizard??  Every time I try the common methods it simply throws an error "You still needs to reboot the system once to uninstall this product".

This seems to me a corrupt installation of you software.

Thanks

Kind regards

• 3. Re: Intel RST install and uninstall error
              colocoquillo

Hi Alan,

No need to answer, I have already fix it, by going to the Windows Reg as I sugested.

Here is the solution, which you might want to post not just on your forums but on your FAQ.

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. Type regedit and press ENTER

3. On the left side menu navigate to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\Setup$

4. On the right side panel will be two entries, double click the REG_DWORD entry (in my case and might be same for everyone, the name was {409CB30E-E457-4008-9B1A-ED1B9EA21140}).

5. Once you double clic, a small windows will appear where the value information will "1", change that value to "0" (with out the quotation marks)

6. Install the latest version of RST downloded from the downlods section at Drivers & Software

Hopefully this will help a lot of people on the same situation.

Thanks

Kind regards

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Intel RST install and uninstall error
                allan_intel

Thank you for sharing this information, I am sure this will help on the community.

Allan.

• 5. Re: Intel RST install and uninstall error
                  Birraque

Thanks for sharing this information!

Regards,