3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 1:57 PM by Amy_Intel

NUC connected to LG TV - NUC keeps bing bonging

fryrpc

I have my NUC connected to HDMI1.

I also have external 7.1 sound card connected to NUC USB port that connects sound to my old 7.1 PC speakers - not relevant to the issue but just thought I would include it in case you were wondering how come I hear the windows bing bonging.

When I put my TV in standby mode, whilst on HDMI1 input, I hear the Windows bonging sound (like when disconnecting a USB stick).

I assume this is the Intel Graphics driver on the NUC detecting the loss of the TV over HDMI

When I wake up my TV, whilst on HDMI1 input, I hear the Windows binging sound (like when connecting a USB stick)

I assume this is the Intel Graphics driver on the NUC detecting the TV over HDMI as a Windows Display

So all this sounds OK and it is.

The problem is when someone has used the television to watch another input other than HDMI1.

When I put my TV in standby mode, whilst on DTV input, I hear the Windows bonging sound (like when disconnecting a USB stick).

When I wake up my TV, whilst on DTV input, I hear the Windows binging sound (like when connecting a USB stick) followed by the Windows bonging sound (like when disconnecting a USB stick) and this binging and bonging carries on until I switch to HDMI1 input on the TV.

This is very annoying and not very wife friendly.

Now it could be if you are using audio over HDMI then you would not notice this as the constant binging and bonging cycling sound would be sent down the HDMI cable and as it is not the active input on the TV you would not hear it. But this issue could affect users who use the audio jack or other sound output options.

This maybe specific to how this TV dynamically works out the resolution of the input but only does that when you switch to the input which might be why Windows is trying to add a display adapter but fails to identify the resolution from the TV so goes into a retry loop of detection until the TV is switched to that input and provide the information to the NUC.

Is there anything that I can do about this - other than say setting these windows sounds to nothing?