Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

how to configure the shared memory to the vga on i5 6500

JGrin1
Beginner

Hi , I have an i5 6500 and wanted to know where I can change the RAM used by the vga hd 530 .

from the BIOS I can only modify the MOTHER'S VGA RAM use.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

This thread may help:

Doc

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This thread may help:

Doc

JGrin1
Beginner

i have the exact same problem of 128mb dedicated graphic memory. that solution aplies to the 6th gen and the hd530?

im not english speaker but if a understand well the solution could be create the HKEY with 0 value to stop de dummy read of memory. isn't it?

0 Kudos
JGrin1
Beginner

i've create the HKEY and tryed diferent settings as 1024+ and allways says 512 as much. but the 6500 specs says it supports 1,7gb shared memory. any suggestion?

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Please see this information at the following link; this document can help increasing the dedicated video memory.

http://www.pvladov.com/2013/10/increase-intel-hd-graphics-dedicated-video-memory.html http://www.pvladov.com/2013/10/increase-intel-hd-graphics-dedicated-video-memory.html

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if our recommendations solved your problem.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
JGrin1
Beginner

hi, creating the HKEY and setting diferent values i get 1024mb show from system but i coudn't asing more memory. it's supposed that i5 6th gen. could share up to 1.7gb of memory. the info is from cpuZ app and windows system. both show 1024mb

0 Kudos
JGrin1
Beginner

by the way, the bios settings just works on the mother onboard video settings. just let me shar 512mb. the hkey works but is not full recognized the amount of memory that should be shared as i said in the las answer

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

At this point I would suggest contacting you motherboard manufacturer in order to see if they can help you increasing the memory in the BIOS, maybe a BIOS update or something else.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos