Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

I7 6700K GPU problem

BLott
Beginner

Motherboard Asus Z170-Deluxe

Monitor Philips 4K

Installed the latest drivers.

Problem : screen sometimes becomes black for a moment up to a couple (could be 20) seconds.

Easily reproducible: Open EDGE (browser), open a youtube clip, and while the clip is showing, scroll the page... screen goes black (sound of clip continues, so it's only a display problem)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BLott
Beginner

And I also have a regular BSOD with a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR .

Does the BETA driver address these problems?

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Geedsen,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

In this case, you can try uninstalling the graphics driver, restart your system and install the Beta driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88345 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

This can help fix problems but please be aware that BSOD and black screen are not caused only by the graphics driver.

Useful Tips for Dealing with BSODs

BSODs have a variety of root causes, but these tips will help you deal with many blue screens:

1. I can suggest trying different HDMI/DisplayPort cable and also make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed.
  2. If your system recently started blue-screening, use System Restore to roll its system software back to a previous state. If this works, you'll know that it's likely a software problem.
  3. Malware that digs deep into Windows and gets its hooks into the Windows kernel at a low level can cause system instability. Scan your computer for malware to ensure buggy malicious software isn't causing it to crash.
  4. An incorrectly installed or buggy driver can lead to crashes. Download the latest drivers for your computer's hardware from your https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/ computer manufacturer's website and install them — this may fix BSODs caused by driver problems.
  5. If your computer is blue-screening every time you turn it on, try booting into safe mode. In safe mode, Windows loads only the essential drivers. If a driver you've installed is causing Windows to blue screen, it shouldn't do so in safe mode. You can work on fixing the problem from safe mode.
  6. Blue screens can be caused by faulty hardware in your computer. Try testing your computer's memory for errors and checking its temperature to ensure that it isn't overheating.
  7. Reinstalling Windows is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to blue screen after this, you likely have a hardware problem.

A computer in proper working state shouldn't blue-screen at all, but no software or hardware is perfect. Even a properly functioning computer may blue screen on rare occasions for no apparent reason — possibly as the result of rare driver bugs or hardware issues.

If your computer is regularly blue-screening, you have a problem. If you encounter a blue screen once every two years, don't worry about it.

I hope this can help you.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if the troubleshooting above solved your problem or if you need further assistance?

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

Hi Geedsen,

Could you check, because I have the same issue only on HDMI to HDMI Cable (ASUS Z170 Deluxe, CPU 6700K, Iiyama 4k).

On Display Port to Display Port Cable (ASUS Z170 Deluxe, CPU 6700K,Iiyama 4k) I have no issues at all.

But I have a teamviewer issue with Display Port:

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

I have uinstalled both intel driver win64_15.40.22.4424 and also win64_15.40.22.4444 (beta).

With original windows 10 driver # 4377 I have no more black flashes or issues that the screen remains black. Sometimes when windows starts the screen is greenish, but this goes away after login.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and hopefully, a new driver will come up that can help solving more issues like this one.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos