7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 11:20 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

DZ87KLT issues

ryanliue

1. BIOS does not full screen displayed.

2. LAN boot always boot first.

• 1. Re: DZ87KLT issues
          Al Hill

1.  It will not display in full screen as this is by design.  I do not remember which bios update made this change.

2.  Have you set the boot order in the bios?  What bios rev do you have?  You can get the latest here:  Download BIOS Update [KLZ8711D.86A]

I cannot help you much as I am not with my DZ87KLT.

Doc

• 2. Re: DZ87KLT issues
            ryanliue

The BIOS rev is Version: 0457 [KLZ8711D.86A].

LAN boot alway boot first even I changed boot order.

• 3. Re: DZ87KLT issues
              Al Hill

Have you tried setting the boot order in the bios?

Doc

• 4. Re: DZ87KLT issues
                ryanliue

LAN boot always boot first even I changed boot order.

• 5. Re: DZ87KLT issues
                  Al Hill

That certainly does not seem right.  N.Scott.Pearson has one of these boards and might be able to lend a hand.

Doc

• 6. Re: DZ87KLT issues
                    N.Scott.Pearson

Regarding the first issue, yes, this is absolutely true. The version of Visual BIOS implemented for Kinsley was designed for a fixed 1024x768 display. When it was discovered that TVs were being introduced that would not support the 1024x768 display resolution (causing folks to not be able to enter - or, more accurately, not be able to see - Visual BIOS), a workaround was implemented that output Visual BIOS' display in a 1024x768 pixel window in the center of the screen. Depending upon the maximum resolution of your monitor (or TV), the Visual BIOS display may appear small. This is not going to be fixed.

Regarding the second issue, I did not see what you are seeing. When I did nothing but enable (checked) Network Boot, it did indeed get invoked on the subsequent reboot. When I went back into Visual BIOS and moved its entry to the end (bottom) of the boot order list, however, it was never invoked again (and it booted properly from my mSATA SSD). Bottom line, this meets documented behavior expectations.

...Scott

• 7. Re: DZ87KLT issues
                      N.Scott.Pearson

I would add that, if the SSD/HDDs present do not contain a valid boot image for an O/S (Windows or otherwise), Network Boot, if enabled, will always be invoked.