Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

6700k possible issue with HDMI

OR
Beginner

Hello all...

I will appreciate any help regarding to this problem.

I have an Asus Z170 Deluxe and an intel 6700k processor.

After 1-2 minutes in the BIOS my hdmi signal to the monitor turns off.

In my monitor it says "no signal" and turns into sleep mode (the monitor).

I tried this without the graphics card installed.

I have tried the same cable and anothers to my other pc and wotks fine with HDMI.

With the Displayport output i have signal on monitor and wotks fine. The problem is with HDMI.

Please, i would like your help if it is a hardware problem or it can be solved with an upgrade.

Like i said above, i will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, octavioricci:

Have you contacted ASUS in regard to this matter? According to your description this seems to be related with the port itself.

Regards,

0 Kudos
OR
Beginner

Hello Amy. Thanks for answering !.

I am asking Asus two.

I also ask here, cause maybe someone had the same issue with this cpu and mother.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Alright, as soon as you get an answer from ASUS let me know and if someone in the community is experiencing something similar, you are more than welcome to join this thread.

Regards,

0 Kudos
OR
Beginner

Hello Amy.

The guy from Asus (i think is someone from HelpDesk) says that i will need to send the motherboard to them.

I don´t think that´s a good answer. Considering that i can´t send to them, and also cannot pay for the shipping.

The weird thing is that the hdmi signal last 1 minute, and then it sleep and the displayport of the motherboard works well.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I understand, but I would be a good idea to send the motherboard, if they diagnosed something on your motherboard the best thing to do is to send it.

Is there any chance you can take the motherboard to a local computer shop? Maybe they could help you with more troubleshooting steps since this issue seems to be related with the port itself.

From our end, you could try with a driver update, see here for the latest driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40], and you could also try with a BIOS update from ASUS, see here https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/.

Regards,

0 Kudos
OR
Beginner

Yeap. I think the same.

But it live in Argentina, and the closest place to send to an official Asus is in another country.

A relative of mine brought me this motherboard, cause i bought it from Amazon.

Y prefer to deal with it and continue with displayport, or maybe, buy a decent VGA like a geforce gtx .

I will try latter with the upcoming updates. Maybe that solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help ! I will continue researching on the web of possible solutions.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Sure, I understand.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ETang5
Beginner

Hi Amy,

I have similar case with ASUS Z170 Deluxe and i7 6700K.

The issue is when using i7 6700K - HD 530 HDMI port.

My mobo is ASUS Z170-Deluxe and RAM is Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R 2x8GB. I want to use on board both HDMI and DP ports. I only connect power to the mobo and put on cooling fan on the core i7 6700K to test the HDMI port.

It is strange that sometimes there is no signal on hdmi port when power on while the QLed stays on code 99 and when I press F1 on keyboard, it changes to code A9 meaning it gets into BIOS setting, but nothing come on monitor. Then when I press reset button, sometimes hdmi port works again, I can see the BIOS setting on monitor.

I have tried to put on another GPU card to my mobo, and the hdmi port of the GPU card works like a charm without any problem.

I also have taken the mobo to ASUS to replace with another RMA mobo, but the issue is still there. And have the CPU taken to vendor to test without finding any issue.

My question is do I need to use HDMI 2.0 cable or 4K monitor for that HD 530 hdmi port? It really doesn't make sense.

p.s. there is no problem for DP port, although I attach an DP-VGA adapter to the DP port.

Many thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Have you tried with a 1.4b cable? See here for an example http://www.amazon.com/RuiLing-Performance-Supports-Ethernet-Blu-ray/dp/B00XC3GLVO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1457626346&sr=1-2&keywords=1.4b+hdmi Amazon.com: RuiLing 5 Feet (1.5 Meters) 1.4b Gold Plated HDMI Cable High Performance Image & Audio cable Audio Return Su….

Regards,

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

I also have ASUS Z170-Deluxe and 6700K and I have the same trouble with HDMI at my 4k montor.

Sometimes with HDMI the screen turns black, very often I get "no signal" on my monitor when windows 10 is starting.

With Display Port there are no issues.

This problem is very new. Maybe it was a windows 10 update or a driver issue of the intel 530.

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

I have uinstalled both intel driver win64_15.40.22.4424 and also win64_15.40.22.4444 (beta).

With original windows 10 driver # 4377 I have no more black flashes or issues that the screen remains black. Sometimes when windows starts the screen is greenish, but this goes away after login.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, :

Thank you for sharing your outcome.

I noticed that you posted in several threads, so please stay with one of them so we can help you to isolate your issue in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DSeam
Beginner

Amy, I have a similar HDMI 2.0 issue with my i7-6700 and a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 MB. Connecting both HDMI and DP to a 4K 60Hz monitor results in two black screens. Booting into DP only I get 4K 60Hz. HDMI works at 1080P.

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

This black screen issue on HDMI 4k and 6700K is not resolved yet. I am another user that still has no solution. There are several users in this thread describing the same issue.

0 Kudos