1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 11:25 AM by Amy_Intel

Intel NUC 6i5SYK Video Issue

relay

I have an NUC 6i5SYK

---------------------------------------------

6mg Hyper X DDR4

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD

Windows10 installed from retail thumb drive

I installed ram and SSD, then plugged in unit to install Windows10.  When I turned on the NUC, my monitor was full of red lines and static.  I was able to get to the bios and boot from the USB and installed Windows10, hoping that the Windows10 would have drivers that might have clear up the video issue.  It did not.  I uninstalled the ram and SSD and then reinstalled them -- no change.  During this process, once or twice for several seconds, the screen was normal without the static.  One thing I did notice is that there is a black cable inside the NUC that does not appear to be attached on the top end.  I don't think this is the problem, though, because I did get a good picture for several seconds with it not being attached.  At one point on my monitor, an error message came up that said something about desktop video problem.  Other than that, everything seems to be working properly -- I can get to the internet and my Windows10 works okay.

Looking for suggestions on how to clear up this video issue.

• 1. Re: Intel NUC 6i5SYK Video Issue
          Amy_Intel

Hello, relay:

• Could you please let us know the BIOS version installed?
          • What type of cable are you using?
          • Have you tested with a different cable?
          • Have you tried with a different video port?
          • Have you tested the NUC with a different monitor?
          • Let us know the monitor model.
          • Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,