Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel HD graphics card denies driver updates

ASher6
Beginner

I've been having issues on and off since i bought this computer from NewEgg, and I've exceeded the period of time to replace or return it so this is the last resort of trying fix it myself before i pay the big bucks for some computer wiz to fix it. So I've been unable to play certain games because of my Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics card keeps crashing a recovering, now I looked this up once and I found that its because this graphics card isn't completely compatible with windows 10 so I would have to wait for an update to buy widows 8 and down grade. Recently a friend told me its because it needed to be updated and i told them that any manually downloaded driver from the Intel site doesn't work so they found a way to "force update" in a way and my graphics card denied the update so now I think the seller (NewEgg) put a lock on my graphics card so i can't update the driver normally. Its not a custom order laptop to anything so I wouldn't think I'd be having this issue but this is my last idea of what could be wrong before i take it in to get fixed. if anyone could help, that would be great because id prefer not to spend another fortune fixing this laptop after i just bought it.

the general specs for the computer are as such:

Manufacture: ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Model: G551JW

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60Hz

System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based precessor

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello ScarletxHazard,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

The Intel® HD Graphics 4600 supports Windows 10, please see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

You can download the latest driver for you system here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?v=t Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

If you are not able to install the driver most likely is because your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer; however, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Note: Once you install the "generic" driver you will overwrite any customizations your system manufacturer made to the driver specific for your system model.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if our recommendations solved the issue you have.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos