2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 1:41 PM by ivanu_intel

Intel HD graphics card denies driver updates

ScarletxHazard

I've been having issues on and off since i bought this computer from NewEgg, and I've exceeded the period of time to replace or return it so this is the last resort of trying fix it myself before i pay the big bucks for some computer wiz to fix it. So I've been unable to play certain games because of my Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics card keeps crashing a recovering, now I looked this up once and I found that its because this graphics card isn't completely compatible with windows 10 so I would have to wait for an update to buy widows 8 and down grade. Recently a friend told me its because it needed to be updated and i told them that any manually downloaded driver from the Intel site doesn't work so they found a way to "force update" in a way and my graphics card denied the update so now I think the seller (NewEgg) put a lock on my graphics card so i can't update the driver normally. Its not a custom order laptop to anything so I wouldn't think I'd be having this issue but this is my last idea of what could be wrong before i take it in to get fixed. if anyone could help, that would be great because id prefer not to spend another fortune fixing this laptop after i just bought it.

the general specs for the computer are as such:

Manufacture: ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Model: G551JW

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60Hz

System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based precessor

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M