Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel CPU clocks down to as low as 0.27GHz

idata
Employee

I have one of the new dell XPS 16 laptops. I found after playing games for about 10 minutes the whole computer starts to run slow, even after I shut down the game. I ran the Intel Processor ID utility and it says:

I checked all my Windows 7 power settings and on high power the CPU should run at max speed. I also checked the heat of my CPU during gameplay and I think it sits around 60 degrees which I think is ok.

What should I do? Dell refused to support me because this software was 3rd party and since I was getting no error code they can't do anything.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
plee21
Valued Contributor I

Hi

Sounds like the laptop is faulty, is the fan running? It is certainly overheating to such an extent the processor is slowing itself right down, maybe the heatpipe/heatsink isn't attached correctly in the laptop.

As for Dell not supporting you because there is no error code and the game is from a third party is ridiculous, you need to persist it with them and asked to speak to someone else if the first line script readers refuse to help.

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yeah fan goes. The support guy said the intel processor id utility was 3rd party and the reading it gives me they don't care about it because its third party. Dell are useless, I have to ring back on a weekday to speak to the supervisor.

0 Kudos