3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 12:13 PM by Amy_Intel

is linux sleep bug fixed?

sheuronazxde

Anyone tried last bios 036 + kernel 4.4 on NUC6i5? Is sleep bug still present?

• 1. Re: is linux sleep bug fixed?
          Amy_Intel

Hello, sheuronazxde:

We have not been able to test this since Intel does not test and validate Intel® NUC on Linux; however we know that a lot of NUC owners are using it successfully on many different Linux distros and I would encourage the community here to collaborate in regard to this matter or you can always go to Open Source and Linux Forumsand post this inquiry.

For further reference Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products.

Regards,

• 2. Re: is linux sleep bug fixed?
            lothar

I am using Kernel 4.2.0-30, BIOS 0039 on NUC6i5syk with a new Dell P2715Q 4k Monitor. Connecting the NUC's Mini DisplayPort to Dell's DisplayPort.

I too am unable to get the monitor to wake from sleep with traditional means ie. keyboard or mouse action.

I have tried turning off/on the monitor. FAIL

I have tried unplugging the monitor. FAIL

I have tried other displayport cables. FAIL

The only thing that has worked for me so far is I have a keyboard shortcut to Log Off.  that seems to restart the display and send me to the login screen.  But this is not a real solution because it closes any work that I am doing.

I am convinced that this is an issue with displayport and drivers.  After a tremendous amount of research I found that Microsoft, Apple and Linux users are all reporting the same problems with DisplayPort.  I just wish I had a solution because it is driving me mad.

• 3. Re: is linux sleep bug fixed?
              Amy_Intel

lothar, thank you for the feedback. I would recommend posting this on Linux Forums since this operating system has not been validated for your NUC.

Regards,