This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
You can use any BIOS release as a recovery file. Here's the process:
- Download the .BIO file. Here is a link to the download page for the latest available (SO5600P.BIO): Download BIOS Update [SOX5810J.86A].
- Place the .BIO file onto a freshly-formatted (FAT32) USB 2.0 flash drive. Don't use USB 3.0 flash drive. Even if this flash drive has been used previously, format it (again).
- Power off system and unplug from wall.
- Remove CR2032 battery.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Reinstall battery.
- Remove BIOS Configuration/Maintenance jumper.
- Plug the flash drive into a (black) USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board. Don't use (blue) USB 3.0 port. Do not use front panel USB ports.
- Plug system back into wall and power on.
- System should perform recovery install of the BIOS at this point. Note: you should see it displaying information about the BIOS update being installed. If it does not, wait at least 10 minutes before powering back off.
- Once complete, power off system.
- Reinstall the BIOS Configuration/Maintenance jumper.
- Power system back on.
- Immediately (i.e. don't wait for onscreen display), repeatedly press the F2 key (approx. once per second) until BIOS Setup is running.
- Use F9 to set BIOS configuration to factory defaults.
- Set any BIOS Configuration parameters that are necessary for your configuration.
- Exit from BIOS Setup with a save.
You should be at point of booting O/S now...
Hope this helps,