1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2016 6:02 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

where can I find  the Recovery BIOS file for DX58SO, I have a Intel motherboard; DX58SO I downgraded the BIOS and the system will not boot now Intel is no longer supporting this motherboard

PeteXYZ

where can I find the Recovery BIOS file for DX58SO, I have a Intel motherboard; DX58SO I downgraded the BIOS and the system will not boot now Intel is no longer supporting this motherboard.

System Specs:

Vista home premium 64 Bit

Intel® Core™ i7-990X Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-990X Processor

• 1. Re: where can I find  the Recovery BIOS file for DX58SO, I have a Intel motherboard; DX58SO I downgraded the BIOS and the system will not boot now Intel is no longer supporting this motherboard
          N.Scott.Pearson

You can use any BIOS release as a recovery file. Here's the process:

1. Download the .BIO file. Here is a link to the download page for the latest available (SO5600P.BIO): Download BIOS Update [SOX5810J.86A].
          2. Place the .BIO file onto a freshly-formatted (FAT32) USB 2.0 flash drive. Don't use USB 3.0 flash drive. Even if this flash drive has been used previously, format it (again).
          3. Power off system and unplug from wall.
          4. Remove CR2032 battery.
          5. Wait 15 minutes.
          6. Reinstall battery.
          7. Remove BIOS Configuration/Maintenance jumper.
          8. Plug the flash drive into a (black) USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board. Don't use (blue) USB 3.0 port. Do not use front panel USB ports.
          9. Plug system back into wall and power on.
          10. System should perform recovery install of the BIOS at this point. Note: you should see it displaying information about the BIOS update being installed. If it does not, wait at least 10 minutes before powering back off.
          11. Once complete, power off system.
          12. Reinstall the BIOS Configuration/Maintenance jumper.
          13. Power system back on.
          14. Immediately (i.e. don't wait for onscreen display), repeatedly press the F2 key (approx. once per second) until BIOS Setup is running.
          15. Use F9 to set BIOS configuration to factory defaults.
          16. Set any BIOS Configuration parameters that are necessary for your configuration.
          17. Exit from BIOS Setup with a save.

You should be at point of booting O/S now...

Hope this helps,

...Scott