14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 4:09 PM by mikec_intel

NUC6i5SYH - strange and annoying behaviour

gatti71

Hi Folks,

I am a (half) happy owner of a NUC6i5SYH NUC since lat week. At the beginning, I went through the "usual" installation issues may be read in this NUC forum which is about  the win10 installation, drivers, BIOS, 5GHZ wifi... etc. Solved.

Fortunately, the hardware components were not caused any blue white screen issues, or random restarting:

NUC6i5SYH 0028 BIOS untouched

2x 8GB DDR4 CORSAIR CMSO16GX4M2A2133C15

1x SAMSUNG SM 951 128GB M.2 PCIe 2280 MZVPV128HDGM

1x SAMSUNG 500GB SATA3 2,5" 850 EVO SSD

+ LG 34UM95 through miniDP - DP cable

All of them are on the supported hardware list.

It looked, that after one week everything is OK, but since 2 days, this small bro started to act in very strange way: leaving it  alone for night switched on (no touch, no task just testing) then in the morning the following can be seen on the monitor after wake up:

looks no freeze, I can see the full Win10 desktop - full empty

it is in the highest resolution switched to 3440 x 1440 but I left it in 2560 x 1080

Right bottom side part taskbar empty - no icons, installed running services

Only the left side win10 icons are visible, and "clickable" but for example cannot start the eventlog, does not appear just its icon is visible on the left side taskbar: running but not visible

What I could do is only to restart, and the I got back the "NORMAL" machine

Can I suspect to the video card / driver or BIOS issue?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thx in advance

Rgs

Attila