3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 3:54 PM by DustNnotes

Arduino 101 : Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba?

DustNnotes

I recently purchased the Arduino 101 board, and have successfully installed the Arduino IDE (v1.6.7), but am having issues uploading any sketches.  When I attempt to upload the Blink sketch, I get the following error:

Sketch uses 29,989 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 196,608 bytes.

starting download script

Args to shell: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.4+1.14/x86/bin C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.elf COM3 quiet

Serial Port PORT

BIN FILE C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin

Waiting for device...

Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba

ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101.

I have searched a bit online for others having similar issues, and that got me pointed in the direction of the USB drivers.  I have tried this on two PC's (Win 10, Win 7, both with only USB2), with the same result.  I have also tried two different Arduino 101 boards, same result.  As some of the posts suggest, I have tried using the master reset on the Arduino 101 at various times before, during and after the upload, but without success.

I do get a USB disconnect "bong" when I press the master reset, and a USB connect "bong" ~5 seconds later.  Attempting to upload a sketch also results in the disconnect/connect events, separated again by ~5 sec.  This leads me to believe that there is basic communication between the IDE and Arduino 101, but there are issues with the DFU mode of communication.  I do see the "Ports (COM & LPT) / Arduino 101 Serial Monitor (COMx)" device in Device Manager, but have noticed that there is no "libusb (WinUSB) devices / Arduino 101 DFU Interface" in Device Manager in that 5 seconds when the DFU interface should be active.  That leads me to think there may be an issue with the USB driver for the libusb/DFU interface.

Has anyone else seen these issues?  I am anxious to get on to playing with the IMU on the Arduino 101, but can't seem get out of the gate ...