Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Update intel control panel: Shortcuts and hotkeys for profiles

doneh
Beginner

Please update intel control panel to include shortcuts and hotkeys for graphic profiles.

I use an BT touchscreen tablet with overcrowded taskbar and small menu's compared to my fingers.

Shortcuts and/or hotkeys would vastly improve the user interface and eliminate unnecessary system redundancy.

thank you in advance

Delibin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, delibin:

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding this feature for the graphics control panel.

I will make sure this is properly handled so it can be reviewed by the department in charge.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
doneh
Beginner

Update:

After updating to win10 from win8.

Both being buggy.

Both suffering from unoptimised touch screen user interface.

My control panel doesnt auto boot anymore nor does it sit in the taskbar next to the clock if loaded manually from the desktop.

The option in the control panel is lacking so I cannot reset it other then reinstalling.

This is likely to an windows update.

The window rotation got an reset aswel.

An issue I believe with windows based touchscreens.

Perhaps a renewed driver/control panel could give MS a way to collect feedback and overcome its flawed windows updating.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, delibin:

Have you tested with the default graphics driver from Windows 10*?

You can get this after uninstalling the current driver and rebooting your system.

As you mentioned touchscreen, this could be an OEM system, have you tested the drivers from the manufacturer's website of the device you have?

While using OEM systems, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
doneh
Beginner

My manufacturer doesnt supply win10 drivers for the videocard only win 8.1.

I used default windows 10 drivers wich I updated using intel's update utility on an atempt to launch xtu.

Sadly xtu isnt compatible nor does the manufactorer respond to future compatibility requests.

Because before I didnt even have intels control panel to finetune the videocard I spent some considerable time looking at the options and making profiles at wich point the intel control panel appeared in its place left of my clock on the taskbar.

And not at boot of windows!!!

It would be a great help on a mobile touchscreen setup to just launch control panel manually and re-register the 'auto load at boot' command instead of reinstalling the driver.

Win 10 options seem to have a mind of they're own.

Again its was after a windows auto update the controlpanel glitch occured.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, delibin:

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding the support for Windows 10* in your system, the way to go would be using the default drivers from Windows 10*.

The generic drivers from Intel could be and option as well, may I have the model of the processor inside your computer?

About the touchscreen capabilities, to get support on that, the best way to go would be with the manufacturer of the device, since they designed and integrated the device, they are more aware of the capabilities of their product, therefore the support would be provided by their end.

I look forward to your reply on the CPU in your unit to look for possible availability on drivers.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, delibin:

Thank you for waiting on this as well as for the feedback provided.

This has been forwarded to the team in charge, they will be reviewing this and if applicable, it can be implemented in future driver releases.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos