1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 7:37 AM by EstebanC_Intel

Asus Transformer T100TA Win 8.1 Micro Hdmi makes noise when installing driver but does not work after install.

DazzaFX

Asus told me I had to go back to Win 8.1 after hdmi initially worked with Win 10 For 4 months then failed to work. They told me it would work after reinstalling Win 8.1 but it didn't. Any suggestions welcome.

• 1. Re: Asus Transformer T100TA Win 8.1 Micro Hdmi makes noise when installing driver but does not work after install.
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, DazzaFX:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

There are different things that could be happening with that port.

1. Bad port, test another port if available.

2. Bad cable, test the system with a different cable.

3. Bad port in the external display, test the system with a different monitor or different port.

4. Missing drivers, please make sure you have all drivers up to date.

5. Is the monitor recognized in the device manager? You can find this in the search bar at the start menu.

Here you can find the drivers for your device: ASUS Global

Drivers desired to be installed: -Chipset

Additionally, please make sure all the Windows updates are installed in your system.

With laptops, when you connect an additionally display, regularly there is a hotkey that would enable the second screen, in this case it would be "fn" key + F8.

How to set a second display in Windows 8.1*:

1. Invoke Windows Charms by swiping in from the right or moving the mouse cursor to one of the right-hand side corners

2. Choose Devices,

3. Select Second Screen.

4. There are four options: PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, and Second screen only. Select the best option for you.

If yo require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C