Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Flickering issue - Can't update driver

BHuij1
Beginner

Hello,

My screen keeps flickering when i'm scrolling on a webpage (often happens with Facebook and stuff). I've had this before, and after a driver update it was solved, but I had to reinstall my computer and now I can't update the driver because it keeps telling me that the current driver is already up to date( he couldnt find a newer one on my laptop and internet). When I go to the directory and want to install through setup it keeps telling me:

The driver you want to install is not validaded for this computer.

I have tried like 10 different drivers, but I can't install any of them and my screen keeps flickering.

I've got the AUS ROG GL552VW which comes with the following specs:

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel Core I7-6700(HQ) CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.59Ghz

Intel HD Graphics 530

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

Someone can help me with this issue?

Regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Bram1410:

That message indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer, however, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Regards,

0 Kudos
BHuij1
Beginner

Thanks for getting back to me Amy. I've read several topics about this issue and I've tried to update my driver the way you tell me to do, but when I want to install a new driver like that it says that the newest driver is already installed.

When I bought my laptop few months ago, I had the same flickering screen issue, but then I updated (succesfully) the driver and it dissapeared. I had to reinstall my computer last week and now I have the same flickering problem, but can't install a new driver. I don't know why I could few months back and why I can't do it now. Any more options left?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee
  • Do you remember the driver version that you had installed?
  • Let us know the driver version that you currently have installed. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
  • Have you contacted ASUS in regard to this flickering issue? If you have not contact them I would recommend doing it since it is possible that they have more feedback for your laptop.

Regards,

0 Kudos
BHuij1
Beginner

Regards

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Bram1410:

I apologize for the late reply.

Please try installing the latest beta driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?v=t Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40] following the steps attached.

Regards,

0 Kudos