3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 3:03 PM by mikec_intel

processor diagnostic tool

Ugen

Hi all, i think it is better to start with the specs: i7 6700, MB MSI h170 bios version c.4 default settigs, ram 8 gb Fury Hyper x, OS Win 10 64bit. I have 2 problems with Intel processor diagnostic tool. First time it fails when test arrives to cpu frequency. I solved this problem setting 100 in cpu hight and low tollerance. The other solution (Win 10  Hvirtualization off) dont work. I find this solution in some formus. But now i have another problem. The system crash when tool runs cpu load. I try some times and control temps: max temps was 45 celsius degrees. What do i try now? The two problems era connected? Thx for help.

• 1. Re: processor diagnostic tool
          mikec_intel

Hi Ugen,

The Intel® Core™ i7-6700 is a lock processor, verify in BIOS the following: Processor base frequency is 3.4 GHz and memories running at  DDR4 2133MHz at 1.25V or DDR3L 1600MHz at 1.35V.

Our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool version 3.0.0.25 is giving some issues with the latest processor models; we are working on it now.

There are third party free cpu tools like cpuz, this tool will let you check processor status.

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: processor diagnostic tool
            Ugen

Hi mikec,

You are very gentle to reply me so quickly, thnx a lot. I control that you said and seems all ok, except for ram's voltage in auto. I set it at 1.25.

Can you tell me if is better stetting manually vcore or/and other parameters of cpu. They are in "auto" now. I want have the best no-stress set up for my cpu/ram. What do you do suggest?

• 3. Re: processor diagnostic tool
              mikec_intel

Hi Ugen,

It is better to keep cpu parameters as “Auto” in the motherboard BIOS.

Regards,
              Mike C