5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 3:39 PM by EstebanC_Intel

Thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen

MBER

I have a thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen !

Product informations :

INTEL GRAPHICS 4400

Processor : Intel Core i3-4130T CPU @ 2.90 GHZ

Driver : 10-18-15-4256

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (10.0.10586)

Help !

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, MBER:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

I would like to know, are you able to connect a different device to the display?

This would be to check if you receive the same behavior from the other device, which would tell us that the faulty product would be the display (monitor/TV).

If the problem doesn't follow the display (if it works fine with another device), you could try the following:

1. If you are using an OEM device, please check the manufacturer's webiste to download and install the proper drivers for your device.

2. Here you can find the generic drivers from our end, please check NOTE below: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

3. You can test your system with the default drivers from Windows 10*, you can get them after uninstalling the current driver for display adapter in your device manager.

NOTE: While using OEM systems, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 2. Re: Thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen
            MBER

Hello Esteban ,

Yes I did connect another screen and this is fine on this second screen.

I did update the driver for the HD INTEL Graphic 4400.

BIOS update done too.

Still the same horizontal bar unfortunaly...

What do you think please ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Thierry

• 3. Re: Thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello, MBER:

Thank you for your answer.

If you access the BIOS, can you see the horizontal bar?

I would like to know, what happens if you test the default drivers from Windows 10*?

In the case that this is happening in the BIOS as well, I would say it is an issue with the display, this is because drivers are not loaded at BIOS level, (this would apply for Intel® boards as per my knowledge, I can't say it would work the same with third party boards).

Additionally, since the second is working fine, with same hardware and software, chances are that you have a bad display.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 4. Re: Thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen
                MBER

Hello Esteban,

Yes the bar is there on the ASUS screen when I go to the BIOS access.

But not on the other screen device plugged.

I don't know how and where I can get the default driver from WIN 10.

But is still worthing it to try or according to what I'm saying above, the ASUS screen is dead ?

When you say "bad display", is that mean bad screen ?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Thierry

• 5. Re: Thick horizontal bar with colorful vertical lines in the middle of the screen
                  EstebanC_Intel

Hello, MBER:

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, when I say display, I mean screen.

Since it is also present in the BIOS, indeed it could be a bad screen.

You can get Windows 10* default drivers by doing the following:

-Access the device manager.

-Look for display adapters.

-Right click on Intel® HD Graphics

-Properties

-Driver tab

-Uninstall and continue with the process

-After you reboot the system, default drivers from Windows 10* would be installed.

Regards,

Esteban C