5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 7:52 AM by ivanu_intel

My Dell will not recognize the latest graphics driver that I have downloaded from Intel. What is my next step to upgrade my driver?

AScottW

I have a Dell Inspiron 5748 with Windows 10 and 4th Gen i7. I have integrated Intel HD graphics. My present graphics driver is the 10.18.15.4274. I downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver for Windows 10 Gen 4, number 15.40.10.4300.zip to my downloads folder, from Intel. When I try to update my driver, my device manager says I have the latest graphics driver. When I try to manually install, my device manager does not even see the file in my downloads.

When I look up my present 10.18.15.4274 driver on the Intel site I see that it is for Windows 8.1 machines. I am updated to Windows 10.

My main question is this: Am I right to try and upgrade to this other driver?

Secondary question: This is the right driver for my Windows 10, i7 4th gen, HD graphics laptop I assume?

The main reason I am upgrading is because of the upgrade needed warning I keep getting from Adobe Illustrator saying I don't have the latest driver.

Thanks All...