1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 11:01 AM by mechbob

Intel DP45SG reboots (Tried everything, including BIOS update)

Scorpiono

Hi guys,

Say hello to another frustrated intel community user.

For the past several days, I have been drinking coffee late at night until 7AM trying to figure out why my new custom computer crashes, here is the spec for it:

Intel DP45SG (had 0083 bios, updated to 0121 after a long problem-streak with updating it)

Core2 Quad 3.0 GHz

Corsair DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel 8GB total, 4+4 in the slots. 2048 in each SLOT A1, A2, SLOT B1, B2

NVidia 9600GT 1 GB Dedicated (Silent, no cooler version)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

Problem: rebooting

What have I tried so far:

- Updating each driver piece by piece (fail!)

- Updating the bios with express bios, this was painful as it told me it's updated but it didn't and realized that way after. I had to use a USB flash and it did the trick (making it bootable was pain again).

- MEMTEST okay

- CHDISK okay

- Heating problems verified, I turned both my huge coolers to max and still crashed altough processors were <45degrees and GPU < 35 degrees.

- I updated to 121 bios, after noticing that everybody says this is the solution.

- I have updated to the lastest chipset, anywhere to verify this was succesfully ? or needed to remove the old one before updating new one or something?

Today, it rebooted while I watching a movie, simple reboot. I have no idea why, but I believe there is something with the PCIe slot.

Any advice will buy you a beer if it fixes my computer,

Thank you so much for reading this,

Scorpiono

1 2 3 Previous Next