5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 1:35 PM by DiegoV_Intel

Firmware update

shocks88

Hi guys,

Was rolling steps to update the firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4.

Got the message Target firmware successfully updated,

Plugged out usb, then power.. Since this have not been able to turn on the bird using the DC power plug supplied???

When I plug in the usb cable the on led comes on and flashes off about every 4 seconds.

Board not recognised by computer.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Firmware update
          FGT

Plugged out usb, then power.. Since this have not been able to turn on the bird using the DC power plug supplied???

When I plug in the usb cable the on led comes on and flashes off about every 4 seconds.

Board not recognised by computer.

I think this is a strong indication there is a hardware/power problem, not a firmware update problem. Just my guess... If you have another DC power plug provided by Intel or another Galileo card you would be able to confirm, I think.

Fernando.

• 2. Re: Firmware update
            DiegoV_Intel

Hi shocks88,

How did you power the board during the firmware update process? Could you post a picture of the board while it's powered?

Regards,

Diego

• 3. Re: Firmware update
              shocks88

Hello

I have tested the DC power plug and it is working fine. When I plug it into Galileo nothing happens.....

• 4. Re: Firmware update
                shocks88

Hi Diego

How did you power the board during the firmware update process?

I used the supplied 12V DC power supply during the firmware update. When it said Target firmware successfully updated

I unplugged the USB cable then the DC power supply. When I plugged in the Dc supply again nothing happened.

Could you post a picture of the board while it's powered?

With DC supply

IMG_5754.JPG

And with USB connection

IMG_5755.JPG

• 5. Re: Firmware update
                  DiegoV_Intel

Hi shocks88,

If the DC power supply is working fine, the issue must be the board, probably the voltage regulator. I recommend you to submit a warranty ticket using the following form: Intel® Support. The Warranty Team will contact you once they receive the ticket.

Regards,

Diego