It may be that this wireless adapter is not compatible with the type of system you have. We recommend that you engage the OEM: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites in order to find out if they have any available customized drivers that might help you resolve this issue. Please bear in mind that Intel does not support integration which is when the orignal wireless adaper is replaced by another one. Access this link for further information on this particular matter: Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade
On our best effort to assist you, you can try the procedure below in order to check if the issue can be resolved:
1. Download and save: Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 - File Name: Wireless_18.33.0_PROSet64_win10.exe
On our best effort to assist you, please do the following:
2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
4. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Once you have done all the procedure informed above, you can try the following:
1. Disable the Power Saving Functions: Go to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power Option >> Set the High Performance and apply to default settings.
2. Check the Change Plan Settings >> Change Advance Power settings >> Wireless Adapter Settings >> Power Saving Mode and make sure both on battery and plugged in are set to Maximum Performance.