Are you experiencing any particular issue with your connectivity in the current driver version you have? Intel recommends to contact your computer manufacturer first in order to obtain the latest drivers: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites - Nonetheless, we would like to inform you that the latest drivers found in your computer OEM website may differ from the one offered by the Intel® Driver Update Utility as the OEM may have customized the adapter in order for it to be fully compared with the type of system it was meant to be installed.
Please bear in mind that the drivers found in our download center: Drivers & Software are generic and may not be fully compatible with the type of system you have and this is the reason as to why we recommend you to contact them as they may have the right and most updatwe drivers for your wireless adapter. If you're willing to try our drivers, please make sure to choose the one that is designed for your current OS and architecture (32 or 64 bit). Here are some tips for successful installation:
1. Download and save the drivers according to your OS and archtecture.
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver according to your OS and architecture. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.