This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
1 of 1 people found this helpful
What was the pattern of the beeps? All sorts of things can go wrong when you take a system apart and put it back together. Some things to try are:
- Verify that both the ATX and ATX12V cables from the power supply are properly connected to the motherboard. At a minimum, disconnect and reconnect.
- Remove the processor and verify that no pins in the connector have been bent. If ok, reinstall (and repaste).
- Remove all DIMMs and verify no foreign matter in connectors and that no pins have been bent during cleaning. Reinstall DIMMs one at a time, testing for functionality between. That is, single DIMM in Channel A socket (and test), then single DIMM in Channel B socket (and test) and then DIMMs i both sockets (and test).
- Remove all PCI/PCIe cards and verify no foreign matter in connectors and that no pins have been bent during cleaning.
- Unplug all (non-power supply) cables (SATA, front panel USB, front panel audio, etc.) and verify no pins have been bent in each connector during cleaning.
- Unplug any unnecessary devices connected to the back panel (USB, audio, LAN, etc.). Keep only keyboard and mouse.
- Test system without reinstalling any of these cards or plugging in any of these cables. Connect monitor to back panel VGA connector and test using on-board video if you can.
Hope this helps (as a starting point)...