3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 10:26 AM by mark_h_@intel

Intel Driver Update Utility error

dougwwells

I recently reinstalled windows on my computer, and I am trying to update all of my drivers so that my components will work properly.  For part of that, I decided to use the intel driver update utility, but I keep getting a weird error.  Every time I run the program, it says that I have a chipset number "7.0.0.1144", even though I manually downloaded and installed the version it is recommending "10.0.27". When I try to install a new version through the utility, it always says that it failed.  I am trying to see what other drivers I need to update, but the program will not continue until it thinks the new chipset is updated it seems.  I am attaching the msinfo as well as a picture of what I see on the driver utility when I try to search for new drivers.

• 1. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility error
          mark_h_@intel

Hi dougwwells,

I'm sorry to read about the trouble you are having with the Intel Driver Update Utility. Since you manually downloaded and installed a chipset INF file, I would ignore this particular recommendation from the utility. However, I would like to get the log file from the Intel Driver Update Utility for troubleshooting the utility so we can get rid of any bad recommendations or failure notices. I'll send you a message with my email address where you can send the log.

You can get to the log from the "history" tab on the utility. The file name is debug.log.

Mark

• 2. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility error
            dougwwells

Mark,

I just e-mailed you the log file just now.  I'm wondering, though, if my driver update utility should be recommending any other drivers to me? Or do all my drivers appear to be up to date?  As far as I can tell, that is the only driver that has ever been recommended to me for updating.  I am trying to update all my drivers to figure out why am having issues with a graphics card not functioning properly (I have a mobile graphics card with the "optimus" technology that is meant to switch the card on when it is needed and leave it off otherwise, but it appears to not be working properly).

Thanks for the quick response.

• 3. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility error
              mark_h_@intel

Thank you for sending the files. I hope to get some insights as to whether some drivers are missing from the list from the files you provided. However, I'm not an expert on the graphics drivers and the technology you mention. You might want to post a separate question about possible graphics driver updates in Graphics. Someone in that group can help you with the graphics driver questions separately from the Intel Driver Update Utility issues. I'll let you know what I find out about the Intel Driver Update Utility.

Mark