6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 5:33 AM by FGT

I give up on this stupid board

AdanChristo

it's been 6 hours and i still cant *** get the blink example to run, tried EVERYTHING and im done, im not wasting more time, i cant believe i spent 100 bucks on this sack of ***

• 1. Re: I give up on this stupid board
          BMEJ

Its not for everybody.  You might consider taking up a new hobby.

• 2. Re: I give up on this stupid board
            FGT

Is it possible to report this as inappropriate and get it deleted? I find the "report abuse" action only in replies, not in the original post...

I'm fine if someone thinks the card is completely useless, and I think it would be a contribution if some technical issues are provided (even if they are not completely "right"), but I think AdanChristo's way is inappropriate.

Fernando.

• 3. Re: I give up on this stupid board
              AdanChristo

why dont you help instead of hiding the problem?

• 4. Re: I give up on this stupid board
                FGT

AdanChristo wrote:

why dont you help instead of hiding the problem?

I don't hide anything.

I would like to help. I thought you didn't want help because you wrote "im done, im not wasting more time..." etc.

What's the specific error you have?

What do you mean by "tried EVERYTHING"? More specifically: start at IoT - Intel® Galileo Board Get Started Guide | Intel® Developer Zone and tell me where you get stuck. If you did not installed the drivers I suggest you follow the "manual process".

HTH,

Fernando.

• 5. Re: I give up on this stupid board
                  AdanChristo

I recently fixed those problems by playing around with the COM ports, you have to have the 'Galileo' driver in the 'device manager', also, i couldnt use COM ports 1-7 because they were in use, COM 8 worked for me, i followed all of intel's steps but they should add more details about the COM port dangers, it took me many hours to finally get this right.

• 6. Re: I give up on this stupid board
                    FGT

AdanChristo wrote:

I recently fixed those problems by playing around with the COM ports, you have to have the 'Galileo' driver in the 'device manager', also, i couldnt use COM ports 1-7 because they were in use, COM 8 worked for me, i followed all of intel's steps but they should add more details about the COM port dangers, it took me many hours to finally get this right.

Good to know you were able to fix issues.

It's possible somethings are a little bit messy in the Intel (online) documentation. Also, I found confusing the "installer" version of the install drivers and there are some error reports, but the manual process always worked (win 7, win 8.1, Mac) straightforward.

Fernando.