Code 10 is an error that occurs when Windows* indicate some kind of device or driver issue. You can find more information of this matter by accessing this link provided by Microsoft*: Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows it provides some steps that might be useful for the resolution. WE also recommend to contact the computer manufactuter: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites in order to obtain the latest drivers from them if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory.
As a second option you can try the following if after installing the OEM drivers the issue still persists:
1. Download and save the driver according to your OS and archtecture (32 or 64 Bit), access this link: Drivers & Software
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.