1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 3:39 PM by EstebanC_Intel

About Geforce & problem with Element3D Plugin for AAE

Chief1738

Hello!

I recently bought a notebook, here's the info that was in my local store :

LENOVO Notebook Z50-70

Intel Core i7-450u

1TB 5400 TPM

8GB DDR 1600 MHz

nVIDIA Geforce GT 840M 4GB

I have no option for "Geforce" however. In my graphics properties from my desktop my info is :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-450U CPU @ 2.00GHz

8GB RAM

2594 MHz

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

I wanted to know if there's any problem with my computer.

And also I have a problem with Element 3D Plugin for Adobe After Effects.

Whenever I open Element 3D, a window pops up with the following message :

Element failed to initialize OpenGL. Please insure your GPU drivers are up to date, and that your GPU is compatible.

Now I tried to download and install the updates for the driver here : Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7/8.1* [15.36]

But it failed installing and a message said "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

I really need some help, I have looked everywhere but I haven't been able to fix this problem yet.

Thank You!

• 1. Re: About Geforce & problem with Element3D Plugin for AAE
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Chief1738:

THank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

I would like to know if you have checked this with Nvidia, since that is the graphics unit that is not working properly, it would be preferred to contact them directly to get support.

Please make sure you are using the latest drivers for both Intel® and Nvidia graphics.

Additionally, there is one model for that device that doesn't have the Nvidia graphics card, double check that you have the model that has the card.

You can check this by pressing the windows key and "R", then type dxdiag.

Go to the display tab in the window prompted and check the devices available there.

Support|NVIDIA

Regards,

Esteban C