Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

i5 2400 CPU frequency and CPU load test failed?

AElez
Beginner

What could be the problem? I also get message:Please check your Processor Thermal Solution. Should I install new thermal paste or better cooler? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BPeng6
Novice

I would use a temperature monitoring program like HWiNFO to see what your processor temperature actually is. If they are excessive, I would go ahead and inspect the contact patch between the CPU and cooler, then reapply thermal paste. A better cooler is really only necessary if you are overclocking.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BPeng6
Novice

I would use a temperature monitoring program like HWiNFO to see what your processor temperature actually is. If they are excessive, I would go ahead and inspect the contact patch between the CPU and cooler, then reapply thermal paste. A better cooler is really only necessary if you are overclocking.

AElez
Beginner

Thanks, I will try that and see

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

See the following URL for tips to prevent overheating: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005776.html Troubleshooting: When Your Computer Overheats

Allan.

0 Kudos
AElez
Beginner

It was due to thermal paste, I also updated drivers and now it pass all tests. It does not overheat like before, max. temp. is now about 56 while gaming.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Excellent, I am glad your computer is running OK..

Allan.

0 Kudos