Error Code 31 is a code generated by Windows* to indicate that a device is not working properly and driver update is required: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows*
We also would like to take this opportunity and inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when a wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information on this matter: Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for... We strongly recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer in order to obatin more infromation regarding replacing the orginal wireless adapter for another one that may not meet all the requirements demanded by the type of system you have: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
On our best effor to assit you, you can do the following regarding this error:
1. Download and save the: Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* File Name: Wireless_18.32.0. PROSet64_Win7.exe
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components as they improve WiDi functionality.