3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 2:14 PM by robert_s

I cannot find the downloads I need, and the "Search downloads" function is completely useless

robert_s

So I come here looking for the latest drivers for the Intel Xeon E3-1275v5 on a C236 mainboard, but instead of the familiar selection boxes where I easily found the downloads I needed with a few mouse clicks, there is only "Search downloads" now, and it appears all it does is PREVENT me from getting at the downloads I need.

This search engine does not even know key Intel products. Try it:

"Xeon graphics driver" -> "There are currently no downloads available for Xeon graphics driver"

"C236 chipset inf" -> "There are currently no downloads available for C236 chipset inf"

"C236 RAID driver" -> "There are currently no downloads available for C236 RAID driver"

This seems like a 1980s text adventure where the parsers were so poor you had to spend hours to find the one phrase it knew. But know it's 30 years on and modern search engines can do a WHOLE lot better than this. If Intel cannot afford a proper search engine, please revert to the selection boxes, which were WORKING.

Ok, then try the "Popular downloads" links:

"Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]" sounds good, but alas! under "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below." no Xeon processor is listed, only "Core" and "Pentium". Tried the other "popular downloads", none list a Xeon processor.

So I searched and clicked through the site for half an hour and came up EMPTY. The current "Downloadcenter" can only serve as a good example how to DISservice customers.

So, how do I get at what I want? I'm looking for:

The latest Intel Xeon E3-1275v5 graphics driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)

The latest Intel C236 Chipset INF for Windows 7 (64-bit)

The latest Intel C236 SATA/RAID driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)

The latest Intel C236 USB port driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)