Please try the following; Update the Intel® Compute Stick BIOS; please download the latest BIOS version for this unit at: Drivers & Software. In this case I recommend doing a BIOS recovery and you can follow the steps at: Intel® Compute Stick BIOS Recovery Instructions. Once done, try to reset your system and follow these steps;
- Remove any SD card, if installed.
- Press F8 when you see this prompt during boot: F8 to Activate Windows 8.1* Recovery Mode.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Reset your PC, then select Next.
- Select Just remove my files.
- Select Reset to start the restore process.
If these steps do not solve the problem, replace the Intel Compute Stick, either:
- At your place of purchase, or
- By submitting a service request to Contact Support.
Mine hung while doing the Windows 10 update (hung as in sat for 3 days without moving) so I power cycled it and tried to recover it and that hung at 64% for several more days.
I made a Windows 10 thumb-drive and tried to wipe and reinstall Windows. That hangs at 7%-45% preparing files. I've tried mine on 3 or 4 different USB hubs and with 2 different flash drive images.