Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Drivers

LRoys
Beginner

Hello INTEL, i am writing here hoping that INTEL could help us out especially for those who owned the Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter. Today i have just bought this Network Interface Card hoping that it could replace my faulty RealTek onboard LAN as i know that Intel is reputable in the terms of Network reliability. To my horror, there is no drivers for Windows 10 at all! I have noticed that previous version of windows are still being supported such as Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7 are still being constantly provided with drivers update. This is extremely frustrating as for I and other Windows 10 owner surely would not want to downgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 due to the fact that Windows 10 have features such as DirectX12 support for supporting GPU such as the GTX 970. By downgrading this would simply mean that i would have to revert back to Windows 7 with only DX11 support since Microsoft have no intention of pushing DX12 to Windows 7 or 8/8.1. So i am hoping that Intel could provide us (Windows 10 owners) with a compatible drivers for us to continue using this adapter without the need of downgrading.

I am hoping that the relevant department will be able to see this and understand how dreadful it will be for owners of this adapter to use the NIC without a stable and compatible drivers for Windows 10.

Currently using basic drivers and is experiencing massive reduction of speed especially when gaming and downloading of content.

Thank you very much

Looking forward to a driver soon!

2/13/2016

1 Reply
st4
New Contributor III

Hi DBornz,

Thank you for the post and bringing this matter to our attention. Currently we do not have further info about the driver development. We will take note of your concern..

rgds

wb

0 Kudos